Sometimes we face problem while try to delete directories or files having too long path in Windows Operating System.
So in this tutorial I will tell you few simple steps by which you can delete directories or files having too long path in Windows Operating System.You do not need to use any special tool for deleting the file or folder.
Please follow these simple steps
- Create an empty folder called “test” or any name as you wish on C or D or any other drive.
- Use following DOS command to delete the too long name directories in cmd prompt
- robocopy /MIR c:\test D:\Folder\FolderToDelete > NUL
- The directory FolderToDelete will be emptied and you can delete it then
- You can delete test directory any time
D:\Folder\FolderToDelete is the directory you want to delete.
Thanks for reading.Tags: Delete Directory • Delete File • Too Long File name • Too Long Path