Here we will see generally what type of tools and services used for DevOps practice. DevOps is a software development methodology that combines software development (Dev) with information technology operations(Ops).
Generally DevOps combines the cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that increases an organization’s ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity with evolving and improving products at a faster pace than organizations using traditional software development and infrastructure management processes.
Therefore, till date there is no such single tool used for DevOps.
We may have more other tools than what we have given the names below but the categorizations are almost similar to the following categories:
- Version Control System:-Eg: Git,SVN, Explanation: It’s system records changes to a file or set of files over time so that you can recall specific versions later
- Continuous Integration:-Eg: Jenkins, Explanation: It’s a development practice that requires developers to integrate code into a shared repository several times a day. Each check-in is then verified by an automated build, allowing teams to detect problems early.
- Continuous Testing:- Eg: Selenium, Explanation: Continuous Testing is the process of executing automated tests as part of the software delivery pipeline to obtain immediately
- Configuration Management and Deployment:- Eg: Puppet, Explanation: Its purpose is to ensure the integrity of a product or system.
- Continuous Monitoring:- Eg: Nagios, Explanation: Allows timely identification of problems or weaknesses and quick corrective action that helps reduce expenses of org
- Containerization:- Eg: Docker, Explanation:testing environment to test build features.
Thanks for reading.Tags: DevOps